Monday 1 August 2016

Why Git?

Hello, and welcome again. I will continue from where I left. Remember what I said in my previous blog? --Keep learning and keep sharing!!--
If you haven't read it yet, here it is :"My First Blog" (advertisement may come; skip if you want to)

My blogs will be all about sharing what I learn and my experience. Post by post the blogs will become more technical.

Before proceeding further answer this question: Why is it important to share the knowledge?

What I learnt this week was totally new to me but was totally exciting- "Git".
Git is a software used for software development. Create a repository in the cloud and upload your locally created work. The uploading process is called push. Every time you push it gets saved with a new head so that you can download your previous works. Suppose you push something and you have been updating it for the past 10 weeks, you can still download your work what you updated after your update of 6th week because Git saves your every push with a new head or version and hence, Git is called a Version Control System. The downloading process is called pull.
Git makes it easier for a team with distant members to work on a single project. Each member can push their work on the cloud and pull other's work from the cloud. It is decentralized and hence, it is a Distributed Revision Control system

So, Git is a very essential software for a team in software development. This was more like an introduction, details will be in the next post. Till then, keep learning, keep sharing because learning and sharing both are important. One learns because someone else shares. What if scientists stop sharing? What if Newton, Franklin, Einstein and others hadn't shared their inventions and discoveries?

Keep Learning, Keep Sharing..~~!!
Ta-Ta
Click Here for my Blog (advertisement may come; skip if you want to)

No comments:

Post a Comment